UAE to offer 60-day tourist visas starting in October 2022
The UAE is a popular tourist destination due to its many attractions, including its luxurious hotels, shopping malls, and theme parks. Tourists worldwide love visiting UAE, and the new visa policy will make it even more attractive. With this new policy, visitors to the UAE can now stay for up to two months on a single visa. It is part of the UAE’s efforts to boost tourism and make it easier for visitors to explore all the country offers. The new visa policy started on 3rd Oct 2022.
Why the change & what does this means for tourists?
The change is part of the UAE’s efforts to boost tourism and make it easier for visitors to explore the country. The extra time will allow visitors to see fascinating destinations. It is good news for tourists planning to visit the UAE, as they will now have a more extended period to enjoy the country’s attractions, enjoy long holidays, visit a relative or explore business opportunities.
However, it is essential to note that the 60-day visa will only be granted to those with a valid passport with a six-month expiry date and a return ticket. So, if you’re planning to visit the UAE, ensure you have all your travel documents in order.
Checklist: Here’s what you need to do:
- Check if you need a visa. Citizens of some countries can enter the UAE without a visa, while others will need to apply for one.
- Gather the required documents. You’ll need a passport that’s valid for at least six months, as well as two passport-sized photos.
- Fill out the application form. It can be done online or at your nearest UAE embassy or consulate.
- Pay the application fee. Fees vary depending on your nationality and the type of visa required.
- Submit your application and wait for a decision.
What are the restrictions?
The UAE tourist visa for 60 days is a piece of good news for travelers, but there are still some restrictions in place. Visitors must have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of their arrival in the UAE. They must also have a return ticket and enough money to support themselves during their stay. People who overstay their visa or violate the terms of their permit will be subject to a fine of Dhs100 per day and may be banned from returning to the UAE. So, making sure you understand the rules before you travel is essential.